We are looking for an expert PR & Communications advisor to join our Due North Creatives team, for an initial 6 month contract covering maternity leave, with the possibility of becoming a long-term employee.
Working with clients predominantly within the maritime, renewables, house-building, retail and service industries you will work with a core group of clients, but take on ad-hoc projects as they arise.
As well as curating press releases, and approaching publications for features you will also write website content and blog articles for our clients.
It is an exciting time to join our team as we see several clients projects gaining momentum in the local area, and it will be a great opportunity to be a part of the green economic recovery plans.
Tell me more I hear you say!
As a PR & communications expert you will steer our clients in the right direction with confidence, outlining opportunities for exposure and enable them to clearly communicate with their audience.
- Promptly create newsworthy press releases, obtain sign off and manage the submission.
- Maintain & nurture relationships with press contacts
- Pitch for feature articles as outlined within client strategies
- Advise clients on crisis management plans
- Contact customers on our client’s behalf, capture their story and bring it to life in written case studies.
- Research content for brand new client websites, looking at it from their customers point of view, leading them along the customer journey, educating them and helping them build trust.
- Write monthly blog articles for a selection of clients
- Contribute to client meetings, illustrating progress along with implementation plans for the future .
- Collaborate with the team to ensure each client brand is looked after using Asana to project manage & track requests.
- Work with the rest of the in-house team to produce case studies and support the PR drive for Due North supporting the future growth of the company.
Is this role for you?
This is a remote role working from home, although time will be spent on site with clients and in team get togethers.
You will love the autonomy that this role brings, but also enjoy the support and knowledge of the wider team.
You will become a front facing member of the Due North Creatives team, liaising with clients directly.
The team at Due North Creatives get together at least twice a week (currently online) to maximise brainstorming, skills sharing, client planning and of course a good giggle!
This is a part-time role based on 28 hours a week for a contract of 6 months (ideally 5 days x 5.5 hours but can be adjusted upon discussion)
- An experienced PR & Communications professional with a proven track record of managing and executing client communications strategies
- A creative thinker, who can pitch ideas to appropriate publications and execute on them efficiently
- Efficient researching abilities – Working with our clients and using the internet amongst other tools, you must be able to research new topics effectively, identifying golden nuggets of information.
- Expert copywriting skills, enabling you to visualise the readers needs and build empathy with their situation.
- A calm thinker, who can manage communications in crisis situations
- A strong relationship with local & national press contacts.
- Use of project management tools such as Asana
- Capable of uploading articles to websites
- Experience of working in an agency environment, handling multiple clients at one time.
Bachelors Degree in PR or Communications or
Comprehensive knowledge and experience in a PR and communications role
Salary/ Start date
Salary dependent on experience
Start date 30th November 2020
Submit a CV and covering note to email@example.com by 2nd October 2020, with the job title in the subject header.