Social Media & Content Specialist
Full time role
Are you an individual who gets a buzz about seeing businesses thrive and LOVES content creation?
Do you get a thrill out of turning run of the mill social media profiles into engagement driven channels that attract visitors in and transform public perceptions of their brand?
As a Social Media & Content Specialist you’ll play a pivotal role in shaping the online presence of our clients, working collaboratively with our team to help our clients achieve their goals.
It’s not about just ‘existing’ online; it’s about inspiring your customers and leading your industry.
Your primary role will be to deliver social media for our existing long-term clients, working with other account managers in the team to deliver content in line with their clients’ overarching strategies.
This is not a junior role – experience in this field is essential – as you will be leading this delivery sector forward and pushing growth into the organic and paid social media space. You will also be leading a number of your own accounts, working with other team members to create various design and content-related elements of their marketing strategy.
There are lots of opportunities for development and growth at Due North, as we put learning at our core. You’ll work on a variety of marketing elements, and will have the opportunity to work in other areas of the business too. Not only that, part of your role will be to drive our company’s online presence forward.
This role sits between the Creative and Communications worlds. You need to be confident with graphics to create dynamic video reels, graphics and stories, while being able to wield your wordsmith skills to craft captivating captions that draw the audience in to engage. To embrace this role fully, you must love to experiment with new technologies and techniques to ensure we’re always leading the way in our industry.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Crafting and executing comprehensive social media strategies.
- Producing engaging social video content, including reels, to enhance brand presence.
- Designing captivating graphics for various social media platforms.
- Crafting compelling copy for captions that resonate with the target audience.
- Utilising Agorapulse scheduling software for efficient social media management.
- Implementing email marketing strategies through specialised software.
- Taking an active role in our own Due North Creatives marketing initiatives.
- Providing guidance and education to clients on effective social media marketing practices.
- Monitoring, analysis, and evaluation of account performance.
- Managing accounts to ensure optimal performance and client satisfaction.
- Executing and optimising paid advertising campaigns across platforms.
- Offering SEO support to enhance online visibility.
- Collaborating with the design team to provide graphic design support.
Is this role for you?
This is a full-time role working from home, although due to the nature of the role, you will be out and about on clients sites a lot and working with the team both online and in-person. With this in mind you’ll need to be based in the North East of Scotland – ideally somewhere between or around Aberdeen & Dundee.
This opportunity is suitable for an experienced creative social media executive, who wants an opportunity to show more creative flair and learn a wider marketing mix to become a well-rounded creative.
Working mainly remotely, you will love the opportunity to work in your own quiet surroundings, but also thrive on the buzz of team and client interactions both in person and/or on video calls. It takes motivation and commitment to work alone, but your drive to provide great results for yourself and our clients gives you the utmost job satisfaction.
We provide a flexible working framework, where trust is given implicitly. Working with the communications team you will ensure brand consistency for our clients, getting together with the wider team twice a week on video calls to look at the bigger picture and key deliverables. Additional team catch-ups in person happen frequently through client workshops, team development days and filming sessions.
As a business, Due North Creatives has grown over the past 8 years and attracted some amazing businesses from across the region and further afield. We all enjoy the variety of working with businesses both big and small and our passion comes from seeing the people in these organisations thrive and see what they are really capable of doing.
- Proven track record in a social media communications role where you have created clear strategies and been able to demonstrate impact.
- Account management experience, and the ability to facilitate in-person meetings and client workshop sessions.
- Graphic design skills ideally using the adobe creative suite, however advanced use of Canva will also be considered.
- Video editing skills, enabling you to create short form stories and reels autonomously working directly with clients, or crop existing long-form content down into shorts.
- Confident and creative writing skills, to create eye-catching captions that draw the reader in.
- Email marketing experience, repurposing existing content and using it to draw prospects and existing clients back to client websites.
- Solid understanding of search principles across platforms and best practices
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively in a remote, collaborative environment.
- Paid advertising experience of managing both the creative and strategic aspects across various platforms, optimising campaigns for maximum ROI.
- Experience of working with wordpress
- Evidence of keeping up to date with marketing trends, techniques and tools
- Measurement and reporting experience
- Use of project management tools such as Asana
This role not quite for you ? We’re also hiring a social media specialist, find out more here >>
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, digital marketing, communications or another relevant qualification lending itself to this role.
Comprehensive experience of strong written and design communication skills in a business environment.
Driving licence and access to a car in order to get yourself to client sites across Aberdeenshire, Angus & Perthshire.
£24,000 – £28,000 dependent on experience.
To apply for this role, please submit to us along with your CV, portfolio links/PDF a 3-5 minute video* explaining why you would like to join our team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**No fancy editing or equipment required – if you have a phone with a camera, prop it up somewhere and show us who you are. We can’t wait to meet you!
Closing date: Saturday 24th February 2024
Any queries please don’t hesitate to get in touch.