Full Time Role
Due North Creatives is a marketing agency based in the North East of Scotland – but we’re not your traditional agency. Our people are a fully remote team of creative individuals who work together collaboratively to bring straightforward marketing to our clients across the country.
We’re looking for an experienced communications professional who would thrive working with our clients across the maritime, renewable, house-building, retail and service industries, working with a core-group of clients and also take on ad-hoc projects as they arise.
This person will work remotely from home, though regular in-person meetings and client work sessions will break up the weeks, so you’ll need to be based in the North East of Scotland – ideally between Dundee and Aberdeen.
As well as curating press releases, approaching publications for features and being our clients’ crisis communications contact, you will also write website content and blog articles for our clients.
You will be a confident individual, who loves to help businesses find their voice through a variety of marketing mediums.
You understand that creating great content is not about sleazy sales tactics, but nurturing a potential customer and helping them to get to know, like and trust a business. After all, people buy from people.
Sound like your type of role? Read on>>
As a PR and communications expert you will steer our clients in the right direction with confidence, outlining opportunities for exposure and enable them to clearly communicate with their audience.
- Promptly create newsworthy press releases, obtain sign off and manage the distribution.
- Maintain and nurture relationships with press contacts
- Pitch for feature articles as outlined within client strategies
- Advise clients on crisis management plans
- Contact customers on our clients’ behalf, capturing their story and bringing it to life in written case studies
- Research content for brand new client websites, looking at it from their customers point of view, leading them along the customer journey, educating them and helping them build trust
- Write monthly blog articles for a selection of clients
- Contribute to client meetings, illustrating progress along with implementation plans for the future
- Collaborate with the team to ensure each client is looked after, using Asana to project manage and track requests
- Work with the rest of the in-house team to produce case studies and support the PR drive for Due North supporting the future growth of the company
- Take the lead on an assigned group of clients, contributing to client meetings, illustrating progress along with implementation plans for the future.
Is this role for you?
This is a full-time role working from home.
This opportunity is suitable for an experienced PR and communications professional. Working mainly remotely, you will love the flexibility that this job offers but also be driven to generate results, while working predominantly on your own.
The team at Due North Creatives get together at least twice a week online to maximise brainstorming, skills sharing, client planning and of course have a good laugh! However there are a lot of client interactions both in-person and via video calls.
Team catch-ups in person happen frequently through client workshops, team development days and filming sessions.
As a business, Due North Creatives has grown over the past 6 years through our passion to help people overcome challenges they are experiencing in their business. Taking the time to get to know the client and dig deeper into their business allows us to provide the best output – and more importantly – results.
- An experienced PR and communications professional with a proven track record of managing and executing client communications strategies
- A creative thinker, who can pitch ideas to appropriate publications and execute on them efficiently
- Efficient researching abilities – working with our clients and using online resources and other tools, you must be able to research new topics effectively, identifying golden nuggets of information
- Expert copywriting skills, enabling you to visualise readers’ needs and build empathy with their situation
- A calm thinker, who can manage communications in crisis situations
- Use of project management tools such as Asana
- Capable of uploading articles to websites using content management systems (preferably WordPress)
- Experience of working in an agency environment, handling multiple clients at one time.
- Bachelors Degree in PR, Communications or Marketing-related field
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in a PR and communications role
£25,000 – £32,000 dependent on experience
To apply for this role, please submit to us along with your CV, portfolio links/PDF a 3-5 minute video* explaining why you would like to join our team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* No fancy editing or equipment required – if you have a phone with a camera, prop it up somewhere and show us who you are. We can’t wait to meet you!
Closing date: Friday 20th May 2022