Marketing & Communications Account Executive/Manager
Full Time Role (Reduced hours will be considered*)
Due North Creatives is a marketing agency based in the North East of Scotland – but we’re not your traditional agency. Our people are a fully remote team of creative individuals who work together collaboratively to bring straightforward marketing to our clients across the country.
We’re looking for an aspiring marketer with exceptional writing skills who can work with our communications and creative teams to craft engaging content for websites, press releases, case studies, blogs, brochures, videos and lots more.
As well as outsourced client work, you will also support the growth of our coaching and consultancy arm of the business helping our clients feel confident and empowered to activate their own marketing.
This person will work remotely from home, though regular in-person meetings and client work sessions will break up the days and weeks so you’ll need to be based in the North East of Scotland – ideally between Dundee and Aberdeen.
Working across a number of industry sectors including but not limited to renewables, home developments, technology and retail. You will be a confident individual, who loves to help businesses find their voice online through a variety of marketing mediums.
You understand that it is not about sleazy sales tactics when creating content, it’s all about nurturing a potential customer and helping them to get to know, like and trust a business. After all, people buy from people.
With experience in PR & Marketing Communications you will be supported by the creative team to create websites and a mix of both digital and ‘traditional’ content.
Sound like your type of role? Read on
Manage and execute our client’s PR & marketing strategy with enthusiasm and passion, helping Due North Creatives flourish into its next phase of growth by helping our clients to thrive.
- Take the lead on an assigned group of clients, contributing to client meetings, illustrating progress along with implementation plans for the future.
- Become a brand guardian for your outlined clients, ensuring consistent tone of voice, key messaging, design and customer experience across all marketing channels.
- Be part of the communications team taking the lead on creative storytelling, to help illustrate and support our clients customer journey, enabling them to build trust and remove doubt along the way.
- Develop compelling and engaging digital content for websites, videos and graphic materials.
- Implement SEO best practices to optimise digital content for search engines and drive organic traffic.
- Write press releases and pitch features to key journalists and broadcast communications to the wider network were required.
- Encourage the growth of Due North Creatives, whether through our outsourced marketing support services, consultancy and coaching provision, by helping to write and distribute remarkable marketing content.
- Be open to learning new skills such as SEO and digital advertising whether social media, native or display ads.
- Support our design team with creative suggestions in areas such as video creation, digital and print design alongside assisting with website updates on WordPress.
Is this role for you?
This Marketing & Communications Account Manager role is full time, working from home and involves interacting face to face with clients across the area.
This opportunity is suitable for an experienced communications and/or digital marketer.
Working mainly remotely, you will love the flexibility that this job offers but also be driven to generate results, while working predominantly on your own.
The team at Due North Creatives get together at least twice a week online to maximise brainstorming, skills sharing, client planning and of course a good laugh! However there are a lot of client interactions both in-person and via Zoom.
Team catch-ups in person happen frequently through client workshops, team development days and filming sessions.
As a business, Due North Creatives has grown over the past 7 years through its passion to help people overcome challenges they are experiencing in their business. Taking the time to get to know the client and dig deeper into their business allows us to provide the best output and more importantly results.
- Proven track record in a PR and Marketing Communications role.
- Account management experience, and the ability to facilitate in-person meetings and client workshop sessions.
- Confident and creative writing skills, proficient in storytelling techniques and the ability to craft compelling narratives.
- Experience of using web content management systems – WordPress in particular.
- Solid understanding of SEO principles and best practices.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively in a remote, collaborative environment.
- Social media skills – to occasionally support the social media team it would be beneficial to have experience of managing organic and paid digital marketing campaigns.
- Evidence of keeping up to date with marketing trends, techniques and tools.
- Measurement and reporting experience.
- Use of project management tools such as Asana.
Did you know? We are also hiring for a Social Media Specialist just now which might interest you if your skills, interests and experience are more aligned there.
Bachelors degree in marketing, digital marketing, communications or another relevant qualification lending itself to this role.
Comprehensive experience of strong written and design communication skills in a business environment
Driving licence and access to a car in order to get yourself to client sites across Aberdeenshire, Angus & Perthshire.
£25,000 – £32,000 dependent on experience.
To apply for this role, please submit to us along with your CV, portfolio links/PDF a 3-5 minute video* explaining why you would like to join our team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**No fancy editing or equipment required – if you have a phone with a camera, prop it up somewhere and show us who you are. We can’t wait to meet you!
Closing date: Saturday 24th February 2024
Any queries please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
*If requesting part-time hours, please indicate this in your email submission.