Full Time Role
Due North Creatives is a marketing agency based in the North East of Scotland – but we’re not your traditional agency. Our people are a fully remote team of creative individuals who work together collaboratively to bring straightforward marketing to our clients across the country.
We’re looking for a creative marketer with both technical and storytelling abilities to create excellent digital content for websites, video and graphic materials. This person will work remotely from home, though regular in-person meetings and client work sessions will break up the weeks so you’ll need to be based in the North East of Scotland – ideally between Dundee and Aberdeen.
Working across a number of industry sectors. You will be a confident individual, who loves to help businesses find their voice online through a variety of marketing mediums.
You understand that it is not about sleazy sales tactics when creating content, it’s all about nurturing a potential customer and helping them to get to know, like and trust a business. After all, people buy from people.
With experience in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Premier Pro you will be able to support our content and design teams with a mix of both digital and ‘traditional’ creative content.
Sound like your type of role?
Read on >>
Manage and execute our client’s content strategy with enthusiasm and passion, helping Due North Creatives flourish into its next phase of growth by helping our clients to thrive.
- Take the lead on an assigned group of clients, contributing to client meetings, illustrating progress along with implementation plans for the future.
- Become brand guardians for our clients, ensuring consistent design, tone of voice, key messaging and customer experience across all marketing channels
- Be part of our design team with creative output in areas such as video creation, digital and print design alongside assisting with website updates on WordPress.
- Support the communications team with creative copywriting capabilities where needed, being able to visualise the customer experience at all times.
- Encourage the growth of Due North Creatives, whether through our outsourced marketing support services, consultancy or coaching provision, by helping to write and design remarkable marketing content.
- Be open to learning new skills such as SEO and digital advertising whether social media, native or display ads.
Is this role for you?
This is a full-time role working from home.
This opportunity is suitable for an experienced digital marketer – it would also help to have some life learning behind you!
Working mainly remotely, you will love the flexibility that this job offers but also be driven to generate results, while working predominantly on your own.
The team at Due North Creatives get together at least twice a week online to maximise brainstorming, skills sharing, client planning and of course a good laugh! However there are a lot of client interactions both in-person and via Zoom.
Team catch-ups in person happen frequently through client workshops, team development days and filming sessions.
As a business, Due North Creatives has grown over the past almost 7 years through its passion to help people overcome challenges they are experiencing in their business. Taking the time to get to know the client and dig deeper into their business allows us to provide the best output and more importantly results.
- Experience of design software, in particular with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience in creating social media graphics (e.g. in Canva)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including designing presentations in PowerPoint
- Confident and creative writing skills.
- Experience of using web content management systems – WordPress in particular
- A proven track record delivering digital and print design work
- Video editing capability, ideally using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Social media skills – reels, stories and posts to support our client’s organic and paid marketing campaigns
- Evidence of keeping up to date with marketing trends, techniques and tools
- Writing website content and maximising SEO
- Measurement and reporting experience.
- Use of project management tools such as Asana.
Bachelors degree in marketing, digital marketing, communication design or another relevant qualification lending itself to this role.
Comprehensive experience of strong written and design skills in a business environment
£24,000 – £30,000 dependent on experience
To apply for this role, please submit to us along with your CV, portfolio links/PDF and 3-5 minute video* explaining why you would like to join our team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* No fancy editing or equipment required – if you have a phone with a camera, prop it up somewhere and show us who you are. We can’t wait to meet you!
Closing date: Saturday 4th March 2023